The Super Happy
Your ticket to XL smiles!
Splendo let's blendo!
Do you ever taste something and go "I wasn't super happy, but now I am"?
That was my reaction when I made this smoothie.
It was like a bus full of good times drove to my house and picked me up.
This smoothie is GF/V!
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp grade a or b maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 serving of vanilla vegan protien powder (Don't have vanilla protien powder? Use a little vanilla extract to catch the flavor)
- 8 oz chocolate almond or cashew milk
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 frozen banana
Lets Blend It!
Sounds good, but is it healthy?
Shush and DUH!
Let's talk about blueberries
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin K
Which help you build and maintain healthy bones!
Iron and zinc are key in the bone/joint strength and elasticity. Vitamin K helps you absorb calcium (and we all know calcium is key for healthy bones)
The potassium, calcium, and magnesium decrease blood pressure naturally!
So why grade A or B Maple syrup?
Not only is it delicious, but it's delicious... wait...
We're looking at
- 24 different antioxidants!
- Helps reduce free-radical damage in the body
- Lower score on the glycemic index
- A healthier alternative to traditional sweeteners (easier on the stomach and the antioxidants protect cells from DNA damage and mutation!)
Okay, how about cinnamon!? (ceylon cinnamon)
- It's loaded with antioxidants
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Cuts the risk of heart disease
- Improve sensitivity to insulin
- Lowers blood sugar
- Anti-cancer warrior
- Fights bacterial and fungal infections
Cayenne? In a smoothie? Are you crazy?
No, cayenne is a big deal and has so many health benefits, it's WILD! Check this out:
- Helps digestion (and helps prevent bad breath)
- Helps relieve migraine pain
- Prevents blood clots
- Provides detox support
- Relieves joint and nerve pain
- Supports weight loss (It boosts your metabolism!)
- Anti-irritant (helps heal and prevent ulcers too!)
- Loaded with vitamins and antioxidants (that fight cold and flu!)
- Helps prevent allergy symptoms
- Anti-cancer warrior
How about turmeric?
Turmeric is showing up everywhere. My doorbell rang the other day and SURE ENOUGH turmeric was standing there.
- Curcmin (powerful anti-inflammatory)
- Increases the antioxidant capacity of the body (It's like getting a larger wallet in a video game, but for antioxidants)
- Linked to improved brain function and lower risk of brain disease
- Should lower your risk of heart disease
- Cancer fighter!
- Depression fighter!
- Aging fighter!